COMPETITION: Calling wannabe stunt drivers/movie stars
Have you always said you could be a stunt driver? Well, with this competition from Total Vehicle Leasing, now you can. If you win this amazing prize of an immersive driving experience, you can star in your very own getaway film: Go Faster. To be in with a chance of winning, like our Facebook competition post. The winner will be drawn at random on Friday 29th June 2018 and announced on our Facebook page. The winner will receive a confirmation email.
Get behind the wheel of Ford performance cars and be the getaway driver for an epic heist on one of the biggest gangsters in town. Once on set, you’ll be taught some classic silver screen stunts, taught by professional stunt drivers. Welcome to the world of Hollywood.
Then, after you’ve left your enemies in the dust, the footage will be cut and edited into a real deal movie trailer. Your immersive driving experience will take place on Sunday 8th July at 11.30am at the Trafford Centre, Manchester so you will need to make your own way there.
- The experience lasts 4 hrs
- Learn classic Hollywood stunts: J-Turn & Drift driving a Focus RS
- Experience the Shakedown – drive a high-octane time-trial in the iconic Ford Mustang.
- Shoot your cut-scenes in the micro studio and the getaway stunts in a car on set.
- Take home your digital poster and movie trailer starring you.
Here’s the story:
The boss of your crew, Carston, was framed by his best friend and spent five years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit. Now, it’s payback time. A heist is on the cards - and getting everyone out alive is all down to you.
Needless to say, it’s no easy task which is why, on our closed set, you’ll be taught some classic Hollywood stunts by some of the best professional drivers. Then, it’s “Lights, Camera, Action!” as you put your new skills to the test.
Tyres will screech, rubber will burn. And it’s all down to you to get your co-stars out of trouble in this ultimate test of driving skill and performance.
Once you’ve lost your tail, you’ll receive your very own big budget movie trailer - starring you.
If #GoFaster won’t break your newsfeed, nothing will!
Do I need a driving licence?
Yes! Each ticket holder / attendee must hold a full UK driving licence for a minimum of 1 year and legally be able to drive a Right Hand Drive manual vehicle in the UK. This must be presented on the day. International full manual licences/permits are acceptable on the condition that the driver can communicate proficiently in English.
Any other restrictions?
Yes! Each ticker holder / attendee must:
- be a height of 5ft 2ins – 6ft 6ins
- be a maximum weight of 18 stone
- be in good health and not suffer from any condition which might make it unsafe for your participation
- not be pregnant
- be solely responsible for any decision as to your fitness.
* Participation will be at the ticket holder’s own risk. It is recommended that you consult your doctor prior to the event should you wish to discuss your suitability to participate.
All ticket holders / attendees must sign a legal participation agreement on arrival at the event. Full details listed below.
Who owns the copyright over images of me?
- Ford and Total Vehicle Leasing may use your souvenir as part of promotional materials for future events.
- You can download your photo and video for your personal use.
What stunts will I learn?
- You will also experience the Shakedown – a high-octane time-trial in the iconic Ford Mustang.
Will I be supplied with clothing or equipment?
- Yes, you will be provided with a jacket & gloves for your character whilst filming. A variety of sizes will be available, but must be returned at the end of the event.
What do I need to bring to the event?
- Bring your tickets & driving licence. You don’t need anything else.
Are there lockers to secure my valuables?
- There are no lockers, so please avoid bringing too much to carry around with you. You can keep a small bag with you at all times.
What should I wear?
- The event is mostly outdoors so wear weather appropriate clothing.
- Bring sunscreen/hats/sunglasses/waterproofs/jumpers as needed. Avoid wearing high collars or long cuffs. These will interfere with your film wardrobe.
- Wear comfortable shoes you can drive in.
What if it’s raining?
- The event will go ahead as planned in almost all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions on the day.
Is there parking at the event?
- Yes, there is a car park.
Can I bring my kids/pets/partners/friends?
- Guide dogs only please.
- Friends and family won’t be able to join you for the event activities. There is an area where they can wait and spot you at times. As with all filmmaking, for those not directly involved, there can be a lot of waiting around. Children must be supervised at all times.
What if I need to change the name on my ticket?
- Changes to names on tickets may be possible but at the organiser’s full and final discretion.
- Any changes to names will mean that any new attendees are subject to all existing Terms and Conditions.
- As you will receive a personalised souvenir, it is important that we have the correct name and contact details.
- Please email email@example.com
Will there be refreshments?
- Tea & Coffee is provided for ticket holders.
- Food and drink is available to purchase.
What if I’m late?
- Please leave plenty of travel time to get to the film shoot and arrive no later than the arrival time stated on your ticket. The complexity of the event means latecomers will not be granted entry, so make sure you arrive at or before the arrival time stated on your ticket.
How can I contact you with any questions?
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where are my event souvenirs?
- After the event your souvenirs will be sent to the email address you provided at registration. If you can't see your souvenirs, check your promotions and spam folders.
- If you are still having a problem please email email@example.com
GO FASTER - TERMS & CONDITIONS (UK)
The Go Faster driving experience is organised by Imagination Europe Ltd (the “Organiser”) on behalf of Ford Motor Company Limited (“Ford”).
1. Each ticket holder / attendee must:
a) Hold a full UK driving licence for a minimum of 1 year and legally be able to drive a manual vehicle in the UK. This must be presented on the day. International full manual licences/permits are acceptable on the condition that the driver can communicate proficiently in English.
b) Have a ticket with you to gain access to the event, this can be on a smartphone or a print-out, otherwise you will be refused entry and a refund may not be provided
c) Be a height of 5ft 2ins – 6ft 6ins
d) Be a maximum weight of 18 stone
e) Sign a legal waiver on arrival at the event. If a ticket holder/attendee does not agree to sign this, they will be unable to participate and a refund may not be provided
f) Be in good health and do not suffer from any condition (including, inter alia, but not exhaustively, bad eyesight, epilepsy, haemophilia or heart condition),which might make it unsafe for your participation.
g) Not be pregnant.
h) Be solely responsible for any decision as to your fitness. Participation will be at the ticket holder’s own risk. It is recommended that you consult your doctor prior to the event should you wish to discuss your suitability to participate in the event.
i) Be able to drive a standard Right Hand Drive manual vehicle.
j) If applicable, please note that the ticket holder will be responsible for transferring from any wheelchair/mobility device to the vehicle. A disabled ticket holder is permitted to be accompanied by a carer where reasonably required (but the career will not be permitted to drive the vehicle as part of the event, unless a ticker holder).
2. Ford and the Organiser reserve the right not to allow a ticket holder to drive the vehicle where in the reasonable opinion of Ford/Organiser the ticker holder has demonstrated unsafe/inadequate driving ability or inappropriate behaviour.
3. Ford and the Organiser respectfully ask that all ticket holders refrain from smoking, consuming alcohol or any narcotic substances at the event.
4. Travel and accommodation is not provided and ticket holders will be solely responsible for any costs associated with the event.
5. Souvenirs will be downloadable for 30 days after your event. These are for personal use only and downloading of any souvenirs via any means constitutes agreement with this.
6. Changes, Refunds and Cancellations
- Tickets are non-refundable and once booked, dates and times of a session cannot be changed.
- Changes to names on tickets may be possible but at the Organiser’s full and final discretion. Any changes to names will mean that any new attendees are subject to all existing Terms and Conditions.
- Please contact customer services on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any changes required. The event will go ahead as planned in almost all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions on the day.
- Ford and the Organiser reserve the right to change, postpone or cancel the event at any time. In the event that the session you are booked on is cancelled, we will contact you to try and move you to another available date and time convenient to you. If this is not possible, we will issue a full refund for the cancelled tickets.
- We will use the contact details on file at booking to communicate with you and the other members of your group about the event. Please ensure that the details are accurate at all times to ensure messages reach you. By providing contact details, you confirm that the other members of your group have consented to you providing their contact details and to receipt of these communications.
- If you arrive late and miss your allocated time slot, we cannot re-schedule and you will not be able to take part in the event. Please ensure you allow sufficient time to arrive at the venue.
8. By participating in the event this does not confer any right (by implication or otherwise) on the ticket holder to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks. logos and/or intellectual property of the event.
9. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in communication with these Terms & Conditions.
GO FASTER PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT (THE “AGREEMENT”)
* To be signed on arrival at the event, prior to participation
Ford Motor Company Limited (“Ford”) and each of Imagination Europe and Paul Swift Precision Driving Ltd (together, the “Organisers”) require the participant’s signature on this Agreement prior to taking part in the Go Faster activity (the “Event“).
I agree to comply with all of the safety requirements of which I am advised and agree to co-operate fully with Ford and the Organiser.
I am aware that some medical conditions may preclude participants from taking part and by signing this Agreement I certify that I am medically fit to undertake and participate in the Event.
I declare and warrant to Ford and the Organisers that I am in good health and that I do not have and/or am not suffering from any condition that may make it unsafe for me to participate in the Event. I confirm that I do not suffer from any back or neck injuries, do not have a heart condition or heart trouble, have not recently undergone surgery and do not have any known medical condition which would require consent from a doctor.
By signing this Agreement, I also declare that I have not consumed any drugs or alcohol prior to the Event which may affect or impair my ability to participate in the Event.
Acknowledgement of risk and indemnity
The nature of the Event means some element of personal risk may be involved and I acknowledge and accept that risk. In consideration of Ford and the Organisers permitting me to participate in the Event I accept that Ford and the Organisers will not be liable for any loss of any kind, injury or damage, howsoever caused, to me or the my property (“Loss”) except where and only to the extent that any such Loss is caused by the negligence of Ford or the Organisers, each of their employees or authorised agents. Without prejudice to the foregoing, Ford and the Organisers exclude to the maximum extent permitted by law any liability for such Loss.
Ford and the Organisers reserve all rights in relation to any damage which is caused or contributed to by me to any third party or property, and I agree to hold Ford and the Organisers harmless and to fully indemnify Ford, the Organisers, each of their affiliate and subsidiary companies and each of their respective officers or employees from and against all and any claims which arise as a consequence of my reckless and/or negligent conduct whether during the Event or otherwise.
I agree to participate in publicity on behalf of Ford and its affiliated or associated companies and agencies (the “Ford Group”) and consent to the Ford Group using my likenesses and images, together with any quotes made by me (whether oral or written) (“Material”) for promotional purposes (including filming and photography, which may be distributed through social media, online and offline marketing channels and websites) and grant the Ford Group a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to the Material and/or to incorporate the Material in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in my Image.
I acknowledge and agree that the Material may be publicly displayed or transmitted in the public domain and, as such, I understand and agree that I will have no expectation that the Material will be treated in confidence.
The terms of this Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and that the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter or formation.
You may give us contact information along with sight of your driving licence and next of kin contact details. We process and use this data to create and manage your registration and attendance at the event. Ford may film and photograph participants taking part in the event and may use film footage, posters and photographs of you at the event for promotional purposes on Ford’s social media accounts including Ford’s official Twitter and Instagram accounts as well as any other media of Ford and our affiliates’ choosing.
Our legal basis for using your information
The UK’s data protection law allows us to use your personal information provided we have a legal basis for doing so. The legal basis that we rely on to use your information is that we have a legitimate interest in running the event and promoting the Ford business.
Sharing your information
We may share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With our service providers. Where we do this, we ensure they are subject to agreements that oblige them to use the information only as we instruct, and to keep it securely.
- We may post photos or images which include you on social media, or incorporate them in promotional materials. Where we do this, we will not name you without your consent, but other people may be able to identify you.
- With other members of the Ford group of companies where they help us operate the event, or so they can use photos or images in their own promotional activities.
Where Information is Stored
The IT systems on which we store your information may be located outside the European Economic Area, including in countries where the law provides less protection for personal information. If this is the case, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect the personal information and to ensure it is kept securely. You may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal information in these circumstances
Your Rights and How to Contact Us
You have the right as an individual to find out what information we hold about you and for what purposes, as well as to make corrections if necessary. You also have the right in some circumstances to object to our continuing to process your personal data, or to ask us to delete, restrict the use of, or port your information to another service provider.
If you are unhappy about how we use your information, we hope that in the first instance you will let us know so that we are able to address your concerns. However, you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you have questions or concerns regarding our use of your information, or would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact
Post Privacy Enquiry
PO Box 2318
How long do we keep your information
We only keep your information in identifiable form for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. This generally means holding the information for as long as one of the following apply:
- your information is reasonably required in order to provide the services to you;
- your information is reasonably required in order to satisfy the purpose for which you submitted or we collected the information;
- your information is reasonably required in order to protect and defend our rights or property (this will generally be the length of the relevant limitation period in your jurisdiction); or
- we are otherwise required to keep your information by applicable laws or regulations.
We use appropriate systems, policies and procedures and technology to protect and maintain the security and accuracy of your information.
* The participation agreement must be signed on arrival at the event, prior to participation